As a best practice, Dyknow recommends frequent and transparent communication with parents, guardians, and the community on your school's goals for technology integration. Parents, guardians, and students benefit from a shared understanding of the decisions your school has made to differentiate instruction and prepare students to be citizens of the world.
Below are sample pieces of communication intended to be shared with parents, guardians and/or students. Feel free to re-purpose these and make them your own!
Also, check out our sample language for Acceptable Use Policies.
Dyknow Cloud at our School
- Our school purchased Dyknow Cloud to provide teachers and administrators with tools to track and monitor student device website and application activity, as well as guide student choices during class.
Who monitors student devices?
- Your student's teachers and administrators have access to monitor school-owned and managed student devices during the school day with Dyknow.
What do teachers see, and what information is recorded?
- Teachers see an image of each student device screen and the website or application the student is using.
- After class, teachers access reports showing students' website history and application usage, including how often and for how long each website or application was accessed.
When do teachers monitor?
- Teachers are able to monitor on weekdays during traditional school hours.
- Dyknow provides all customers with Blackout Setting functionality, enabling each school to determine when and where teachers may monitor student devices.
How can I get involved?
- Ask your student's teacher(s) for a copy of your student's Class Analytics report. You'll see the awesome resources your student is using to learn during school, and you'll be equipped for a conversation on Digital Citizenship and responsible technology use.
- Digital Citizenship means conscious online navigation and communication, evaluating information sources as trustworthy, and citing sources where credit is due.
- Responsible use of technology is an essential life skill for each of us, especially students!