At present, printing preferences are unavailable from the DyKnow client. There are two different solutions for duplex printing within the DyKnow client.
Solution 1 - Configure the printer properties to allow duplex printing
- Click the Start button
- Click Printers and Faxes
- Right-click on the printer you wish to use and select Properties
- Click Printing Preferences
- The settings will vary from printer to printer at this point. Please consult the printer documentation to enable duplex printing.
Solution 2 - Print to an external document writer to convert the notebook to a different file type
There are many different document writers available for a number of different file types. Printing to one of these writers will convert the DyKnow notebook to a file of that particular type (.xps, .pdf, ect.) The following instructions are for the Microsoft XPS Document Writer. If the Microsoft XPS Document Writer does not appear in the Printers and Faxes list, it may be downloaded at the following link.
- When printing in DyKnow, select Microsoft XPS Document Writer from the list of printers and click OK
- When prompted to save the file, save the file to the Desktop
- Open the newly created .xps file on the Desktop with Internet Explorer
- Once open in Internet Explorer, users will be able to change printer preferences as normal
Another option is PDF995 for creating .pdf files.
Note: Although we have suggested the above programs as viable options, we neither support not endorse these programs.