The default setting is for teachers using DyKnow Monitor to monitor student devices silently. However, this can be changed to student consent or an "opt-in." To change this setting:
- Sign onto to your DyKnow Administration Console.
- Click 'Manage Institution'.
- Click 'Institution Setup Wizard'.
- Click 'Monitor Settings cont.' in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Change the drop down located next to 'User-based Workstation Control' to 'Student Consent'. The students will now be asked if they will allow their devices to be monitored each time the teacher attempts to monitor a class or lab that includes them.
To review, if User-based Workstation Control is set to 'Instructor Control' the students will automatically be monitored without their consent.