Group Policy is a powerful and robust tool, but does require a certain degree of expertise to use correctly. It is not in the scope of this article to provide a complete guide on the uses of Group Policy within Active Directory. Rather, this article will provide links to external documentation as well as assist in avoiding common pitfalls of using Group Policy to install DyKnow.
- Microsoft TechNet: Group Policy
- Microsoft TechNet: GPMC How to
- Microsoft TechNet: Group Policy Software Installation Overview
- Microsoft TechNet: Publish an Application
- Microsoft Support: How to use Group Policy to remotely install software
If Group Policy was used to install the DyKnow MSI package, it should continue to be used to install future updates. Manual updates of software that was previously installed via group policy, may result in unanticipated behavior. To avoid complication, please contact the CRM assigned to your institution to obtain the latest DyKnow MSI package, and add that package to the existing GPO.