Projector mode is a way for the instructor to use a second monitor, usually connected to a projector, to display only the panel whitespace. None of the menu options or toolbar buttons will be displayed on the projected monitor.
Prerequisites: The instructor must have the ability to connect to a second monitor or projector as well as have extended desktop functionality on the computer.
To use projector mode:
Connect the projector and enable extended desktop:
- Connect the projector or second monitor to your computer
- Turn on the projector or second monitor
- Right click on your desktop and choose "Screen Resolution"
- In the "Multiple displays:" section choose "Extend these displays". Monitor 1 should be your primary screen and monitor 2 will be the projection screen
- Click 'OK'
- Once a session is started, click 'View > Projector Mode'
- Choose to display Projector Mode on the 'Monitor 2'
- Click 'Start'. The monitor should now project only the whitespace of your DyKnow panel
If the whitespace is presented on the wrong monitor:
- Click 'View > Projector Mode'
- Click 'Swap'
To end Projector Mode:
1. Click 'View > Projector Mode'.
2. Click 'Stop'
WIRELESS PROJECTORS: There are two solutions to using Projector Mode with wireless projectors
Using one computer:
If the instructor plans to stay towards the front of the classroom, the projector can be connected to the instructor's computer using a VGA cable. This connection will allow the instructor to run extended desktop and Projector Mode.
Using two computers:
If the instructor would like to walk around the room with his/her computer a second computer will be needed.
1. Connect the projector to the second computer with a VGA cable
2. Enable extended desktop on the second computer
3. Sign on to the second computer using a generic userID and password. This generic user should be set up before the class is in session and should be designated as a co-moderator for that class
4. Start projector mode on the second computer