This article explains how to locate and send DyKnow log files to DyKnow Support.
To send logs through DyKnow’s automated logging tool (Monitor Only):
- Go to c:\Program Files\DyKnow\Client
- Find and run DyKnowLogSender.exe
- Select the appropriate start and end date, and be sure to fill out the ‘Additional Information’ fields with as much detail as possible.
- Click the 'Send' button and wait for the log files to be transferred to DyKnow before closing the dialog. A DyKnow support representative will review the logs and reply once a cause has been identified.
To send logs through DyKnow’s automated logging tool (Vision or Monitor):
- Open the DyKnow client
- Click the 'View' tab. (note: you do not need to be logged in)
- Click the 'Options' button.
- Click 'Resources' and ensure logging is enabled next to 'Enable/Disable Diagnostic Logging'.
- If disabled:
- Click the 'Enable' button next to 'Enable Diagnostic Logging',
- Click OK
- Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
To manually locate and send logs (5.x):
DyKnow logs can be found by browsing to the following directories on your computer (Note: The paths are different when using Windows Vista/7 vs. Windows XP. Additionally hidden files and folders will need to be visible.)
- Click the 'Start' button.
- Click the 'Control Panel'
- Click 'Folder Options'
- Click the 'View' tab
- Ensure 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected
- Click the 'OK' button and based on your operating system, browse as follows:
- DyKnow Vision error logs: C:\ProgramData\DyKnow\Data\00
- DyKnow Monitor error logs: C:\ProgramData\DyKnow\Data\01