DyKnow crashes when a user attempts to login or performs a communication test. This is only for the cases when DyKnow crashes and closes when performing one of the above tasks and not for general communication errors such as 900001100 - 900001172.
The following instructions involve changing a value in the registry, extreme caution is recommended while dealing with the registry.
- Open up the registry by typing in “regedit” in the ‘Run’ command from the Start menu.
- Expand “HKEY_CURRENT_USER”
- Expand “Control Panel” from under “HKEY_CURRENT_USER”
- Click on “International” from under “Control Panel”
- From the list on the right side, find “sPositiveSign”
- Double click on “sPositiveSign”
- Please verify that this is set as “” or no value. This should be blank or null value. Please verify that there is nothing here (even check for blank spaces)
- If symptoms persist, change the value of of "sPositiveSign" to 0 and reboot the computer.
- Repeat steps 1 though 7 above to remove the 0 and set the value to blank or null value.