When creating a class through the DyKnow client or the DyKnow Administration Console, the user receives a 900010022 error. This error occurs when the client or server machine's regional options are not set to English/US localization, thus causing the dates and times to be formatted differently (e.g. US = mm.dd.yyyy compared to most European countries = dd.mm.yyyy).
Per the DyKnow technical specifications (http://www.dyknow.com/support/server-info-center/detailed-client-server-specs/), the client or server machine must be set to English/US localization. To make this change:
- Close the DyKnow client or Administration Console.
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and open the Regional and Language Options.
- Within the 'Regional Options' tab, select 'English (United States)' from the standards and formats drop down box.
- Click 'OK' to save the settings and close the dialog.
- Launch the DyKnow client or Administration Console, sign in, and attempt to create the class again.