When attempting to open the DyKnow software, DyKnow displays the following error message:
"DyKnow has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. <Close>"
DyKnow is uncertain of the exact cause of this issue, however there are four possible causes:
- A corrupt/missing core True Type font.
- A corrupted font cache
- A corrupted .NET Framework 4.5.
Some users that have recently upgraded to Windows XP SP3 have experienced one or both of the last two issues.
The steps you should take to address this issue are:
- Navigate to the C:\Windows\Fonts folder and verify that the following True Type fonts exist and are over 0kb in size: Arial, Courier New, Marlett, Symbol, Tahoma, Times New Roman, and WingDings. If not, obtain the respective *.ttf file from one of the computers that works, and copy it into the C:\Windows\Fonts directory of the computer receiving the error.
- Restart the computer if prompted and attempt to launch DyKnow again. If the issue still occurs, proceed to step 3.
- Attempt to launch DyKnow again. If the issue still occurs, proceed to step 4
- Download and run the following utility: http://www.dyknow.com/download/dev/fontcachefix.exe.
- Attempt to launch DyKnow again. If the issue still occurs, proceed to step 6
- Uninstall DyKnow via 'Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs'.
- Repair or reinstall the .NET Framework 4.5
- Reinstall DyKnow (www.dyknow.com/download)