Customers attempting to download and install DyKnow Monitor CP on Apple Mountain Lion may encounter the following error:
This error message is the result of the computer and operating system's out of the box security settings. To change the security settings and approve Monitor CP's installation, please follow these steps:
- Open System Preferences by choosing the Apple in the Upper Left corner
- Select "Security & Privacy"
- Click the "Lock" Icon if necessary and enter your user credentials for the workstation
- Switch the "Allow Applications downloaded from option" from "Mac App Store and Identified Developers" to "Anywhere"
- Delete the old zip file and corresponding executable
- Re-download the file
- Unzip and run again
- Revert the "Allow Applications downloaded from option" back to its original setting of "Mac App Store and Identified Developers"