Log into the machine as an administrator and update the following registry keys with the proper proxy settings:
- [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"ProxyServer" = <Enter correct proxy server>
"ProxyOverride" = <enter correct proxy exceptions>
- [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections]
"DefaultConnectionSettings" = <Change the text representation of the hexadecimal code listed on the right>
"SavedLegacySettings" = <Change the text representation of the hexadecimal code listed on the right>
*NOTE: These were the problem keys and must be changed or else your changes will revert to the previous setting upon a system restart. Also note that because these keys are in hexadecimal format, they are not searchable via a text string search.
Restart the Monitor service or computer and attempt to Monitor the machine(s) again.
TIP: To ensure data integrity and eliminate manually typing in these settings the administrator can:
- Configure the proxy settings in Internet Explorer first (Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings)
- Open the registry editor (Start > Run > regedit), navigate to and export the following key to your desktop: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings].
- Once exported, edit the registry key file using Notepad and globally replace HKEY_CURRENT_USER with HKEY_USERS.
- Save the updated registry key file.
- Double-click the registry key file to execute the changes in the registry.
- Restart the Monitor service or computer and attempt to Monitor the machine(s) again.