This guide will walk you through all necessary steps for installing and configuring the 5.x DyKnow Server. Once complete, you are ready for the client installation guide.
Step 2: Verify the following items:
- Please install the DyKnow Database Component to a “default” instance and not a “named” instance of SQL Server.
- “Mixed Mode Authentication” needs to be enabled.
- SQL Server Agent service needs to be enabled and running.
- DyKnow installs to the default website on IIS; therefore, exclusive installation of the DyKnow Application Server on IIS is recommended. Installing DyKnow on an application server with another default website will likely cause that website to lose functionality.
- We strongly recommend configuring the DyKnow server to utilize SSL. For information on setting up SSL, please read our SSL article.
Step 3: Use our SQL Server Installation article to ensure proper setup of SQL.
Step 4: Use our IIS Installation article to ensure proper setup of IIS.
- Step-by-Step Guide
- NOTE: Institution ID, License Key and server download password needed for this step are provided to you in email by your DyKnow representative.
Step 7: Open port 443 (HTTPS) to "desktopupdate.dyknow.com" on all application servers as well as through all network, and firewalls and content filters for DyKnow 5.8 to function correctly.
Step 8: We recommend establishing a DNS record for servers accessed through the Internet (i.e. dyknow.yourschool.edu). It is more convenient for users accessing the DyKnow server to do so by name rather than IP address.
Step 9: We recommend adding your DyKnow server (DNS record or IP address) to whitelists on your network security appliances to ensure uninterrupted connection.
Step 10: Log into the DyKnow Administration Console using the administrator account provided in the email from your DyKnow representative. You can access the Console with a web browser on a networked computer by replacing your server name (or IP address) in this link: https://yourservername/dyadmin40
Step 11: Complete the steps in the Institution Setup Wizard – Video Guide (YouTube)
TIP: Create additional administrator accounts for each member of your team who needs access to system wide settings.
Please create a new ticket with any questions by selecting 'Submit a Request' along the gray bar on this or any page of our Knowledge Base.