Use Monitor Chat to redirect your class's propensity to talk! You may have used Monitor Chat as a way to individually communicate with your students (whether for encouragement or disciplinary reasons), but have you ever tried opening up chat to everyone?
Why should I?
- Students are always interested in what their peers are thinking and saying.
- You are designating a space that encourages their participation.
- Your students can follow the course of the discussion from beginning to finish.
- Chat engages your students (it's exciting for them to have a voice, especially those who are normally quiet).
- The chat features can be turned off by you at anytime! (Can you say "incentive?")
How can I do it?
- Log in to DyKnow and start up Monitor.
- Click on the "Chat" tab in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Find the dropdown and select "Participant to All"
- Watch as your students begin to engage with one another!