In August 2014 DyKnow released a software patch for DyKnow Monitor versions 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 for a known issue affecting key features. On and after August 20, 2014, all Monitor users found the Attention and Filter URLs and potentially other features to be nonfunctional until a software patch is applied. Future DyKnow updates are not affected. This software patch is a separate installer listed in Add/Remove programs.
The recommended resolution is upgrading to DyKnow Monitor 5.8 which automatically includes the fix. If you must stay on Monitor 5.6 or 5.7, you must install the below patch on every affected device upon which Monitor is currently installed or has ever been installed.
Please review the following options to determine which criteria your school meets:
1. You have deployed one of the following:
Recommendation: Download and deploy the software patch (links below). It is 252kb and takes only seconds to install.
2. You have deployed one of the following:
- any version of 5.5 or 5.4
Recommendation: Update to DyKnow 184.108.40.206 first, then deploy the software patch (links below)
*Download and Deploy the Software Patch:
As always, we are here to help. Please contact us to request any assistance you may need performing the software patch and/or upgrading your current version of DyKnow. If you are currently using a version of DyKnow earlier than 220.127.116.11 and updating to a working version is impossible, a custom solution will take time, but may be possible.
- Prerequisites are identical between DyKnow versions 5.6 and 5.7
- If you need to update your DyKnow clients from a former version (5.4 or 5.5) to 18.104.22.168, you will also be required to update your server to the corresponding release version.
- The software patch is not an install, it just applies a fix to your existing file. The patch can be used with both .EXEs and .MSIs.