Dyknow’s Cloud Connector feature enables Dyknow Administrators to create the Windows Cloud Connector in Dyknow and check the connection status of the installed Windows Cloud Connector on student devices.
The Dyknow Cloud Connector for student Windows/PC devices requires a customized Windows Installer Package (.msi and prerequisites). The Cloud Connector package can be deployed manually, via an image, or using your preferred third-party deployment tool. After the Dyknow agent is installed, it will automatically update by default as new software updates are released. Students will not need to opt into these updates or accept them, they are automatic.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Administrators to understand how to:
CREATE WINDOWS CLOUD CONNECTOR IN DYKNOW
Follow the steps below to create the Windows Cloud Connector in Dyknow for installation on student devices.
1. Login to Dyknow.
2. Click the gear icon ; you will be redirected to the Admin Settings.
3. Click the Cloud Connector tab.
4. Locate the Choose all student device types section.
5. Click Windows; the Create Cloud Connector window will appear.
6. Determine if you want to prevent students from uninstalling DyKnow from their Windows/PC devices.
7. Click Create; a new Windows Cloud Connector section will display on the page.
8. Review the Windows Cloud Connector section.
9. Click the download icon to download the Windows Cloud Connector; the Download Cloud Connector window will appear.
10. Click to download the Windows Cloud Connector bitness version that matches your students’ devices from the Choose Windows Version section; your file will begin downloading immediately.
11. Continue to install the Windows Cloud Connector onto student devices.
INSTALL WINDOWS CLOUD CONNECTOR MANUALLY
Follow the steps below to manually install the Windows Cloud Connector onto student devices.
1. Login to the student Windows device as an Administrator.
2. Double click to install the DyKnowCloud_x86 or DyKnowCloud_x64 Windows Cloud Connector file downloaded during the Create Windows Cloud Connector process.
3. Verify that the Dyknow icon appears in the system tray of the Windows device after installation.