Google Chromebooks and the Chrome operating system have specific requirements about sharing a student's screen.
Dyknow's implementation of this feature shows Dyknow Teachers the student's Google Chrome browser activity in
- A thumbnail image
- Activity Tracker
- Class Analytics
In the event a student's Chromebook is turned on, but the student has not opened and is not active in the Chrome browser, Teachers will see a thumbnail message that says "Student is out of browser."
Student Chromebook View
Dyknow Teachers have the option to either prevent students from leaving the Google Chrome browser or ask students to get back in the Google Chrome browser.
PREVENT STUDENTS FROM LEAVING THE GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER
1. Open a Blocking Plan.
2. Click Allow Only in the Type field.
3. Enter Web browsers into the Applications field.
4. Enter the websites you wish to allow into the Websites field.
Note: DyKnow Cloud Blocking Plans always work! As soon as the student opens Google Chrome or an Application, your current blocking plan will take place immediately.
ASK STUDENT TO GET BACK IN BROWSER:
1. Hover your mouse over the student's thumbnail and click the blue button with white arrows to bring the thumbnail into big view.
2. Click the Send "Get Back in Browser" button.