Google Chromebooks and the Chrome operating system (OS) have specific requirements about sharing a student's screen. Specifically, Dyknow is restricted from capturing a screenshot of a Chromebook desktop.
Dyknow Teachers are able to monitor, block, and review Class History data for students' Google Chrome browser activity.
Dyknow Teachers are unable to monitor student Chromebook activity outside the Google Chrome browser.
In the event a student has not opened and is not active in the Chrome browser, Teachers will see a thumbnail message that says Student is out of browser, even if part of the Google Chrome browser is still visible by the student. To be "active" in the Chrome browser, the Chrome browser window/tab must be selected by the student's cursor.
Dyknow Teachers have the option to either prevent students from leaving the Google Chrome browser or ask students to get back in the Google Chrome browser.
HOW DO I PREVENT STUDENTS FROM LEAVING THE GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER?
1. Open a Blocking Plan.
2. Click Allow Only in the Type field.
3. Enter Web browsers into the Applications field.
4. Enter the websites you wish to allow into the Websites field.
Note: Dyknow Blocking Plans always work! As soon as the student opens Google Chrome or an Application, your current Blocking Plan will take place immediately.
HOW DO I GET STUDENTS BACK IN BROWSER?
1. Hover your mouse over the student's thumbnail and click the expand icon to bring the thumbnail into big view.
2. Click the Send "Get Back in Browser" button.