Dyknow's Report Selected feature enables Dyknow Teachers to create and send Students Not Monitored Reports when they are unable to see student device thumbnails in an active monitoring session.
The Report Selected button logs this data and sends it to the school's established Primary Support Contact. If your school is using the Tech Coach Role, Tech Coaches will receive reports for their assigned campuses.
Note: To ensure the correct point of contact at your school is receiving these Students Not Monitored Reports, please email Dyknow Support with the new email address you'd like us to use.
This document is a resource for:
- Dyknow Teachers to understand How to Send Students Not Monitored Reports
- Dyknow Admins and Tech Coaches to understand How to Resolve Students Not Monitored Reports
HOW TO SEND STUDENTS NOT MONITORED REPORTS
1. Click the Show students not monitored hyperlink in the upper left-hand corner of your active monitoring session.
2. Click the checkbox(es) next to the name(s) of the student(s) you would like to report.
3. Click the Report Selected button.
HOW TO RESOLVE STUDENTS NOT MONITORED
1. Click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner to access Dyknow Admin Settings.
2. From the Users tab, search for the student's Name, Username or Email Address.
3. Click the bullet list icon to the left of the student's name to reveal the User profile details.
4. Review the student User profile details and compare to the possible scenarios below:
User Information Displays N/A
Issue: The "Last Date Communicated," "Version Number" and "Last Monitored Session" fields are "N/A"
Resolution: Dyknow Cloud Connector is not installed on the device. Install Dyknow Cloud Connector.
*Chromebooks Only: If the Dyknow Cloud "Swoosh" icon is present to the right of the student's URL bar, then DyKnow is successfully installed and the student needs to click "Allow" to Google's authentication prompt. Click here for more help.
Out Of Date Communicated/Monitored Dates
Issue: The "Last Date Communicated" and/or "Last Monitored Session" fields are out of date. These fields may also appear as "N/A".
Resolution: Try restarting the student's device. If this does not resolve the issue, please send logs from the student's device. Have there been any changes to your network or content filter? You may need to exclude DyKnow traffic from the content filter.
Dyknow Username/Email Address Doesn't Match Device Username/Email Address
Issue: The student's username (or email address for Chromebook users) in Dyknow does not match what is being used to log into their device.
Resolution: The student either needs to log into their device with the correct information or the information in DyKnow needs to be updated to match what the student is using for their device.
Outside Allowed Monitoring Settings
Issue: The student is outside of the allowed days and times and/or IP address settings (according to settings set in the Blackout Settings tab in screenshot below).
Resolution: Make sure the IP ranges and days/times that teachers are allowed to monitor on match with the student's IP range and current date and time. You can see a student's IP address by clicking the icon to the left of the student's name in the screenshot above.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
- Make sure the student has their computer open with an internet connection.
- Restart the student's device.
- Read on for more about troubleshooting tips.
- Send a log report from the problem device.
- Contact Dyknow Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.