If you receive an email with the subject line DyKnow Cloud: Students Not Monitored DyKnow Report from MM/DD/YYYY, it was created of reports from your teachers using DyKnow Cloud when he/she didn't see student thumbnails and the students were not monitored for the entire day.
The in-product Report Selected button logs this data, and sends it to the school's established Primary Support Contact. If your school is using the Tech Coach Role, Tech Coaches will receive reports for their assigned campuses.
Note: To ensure the correct point of contact at your school is receiving these Students Not Monitored Reports, please email DyKnow Support with the new email address you'd like us to use.
This document is a resource for DyKnow Administrators to understand:
- Teacher View: Show/Hide Students Not Monitored, Report Selected
- How to Resolve Students Not Monitored
HOW TO RESOLVE STUDENTS NOT MONITORED
- Log into DyKnow as an Administrator.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- From the Users tab, search for the student's Name, Username or Email Address.
- Click the bullet list icon next to the student's name to reveal the User's profile details.
- Review the student User's profile details against the possible scenarios below to resolve the issue.
User Information Displays N/A
Issue: The "Last Date Communicated," "Version Number" and "Last Monitored Session" fields are "N/A"
Resolution: DyKnow is not installed on the device. Install DyKnow.
*Chromebooks Only: If the DyKnow Cloud "Swoosh" icon is present to the right of the student's URL bar, then DyKnow is successfully installed and the student needs to click "Allow" to Google's authentication prompt. Click here for more help.
Out Of Date Communicated/Monitored Dates
Issue: The "Last Date Communicated" and/or "Last Monitored" Session fields are out of date. These fields may also appear as "N/A".
Resolution: Try restarting the student's device. If this does not resolve the issue, please send logs from the student's device. Have there been any changes to your network or content filter? You may need to exclude DyKnow traffic from the content filter.
DyKnow Username Doesn't Match Device Username
Issue: The student's username in DyKnow (or email address for Chromebook users) does not match what is being used to log into their device.
Resolution: The student either needs to log into their device with the correct information or the information in DyKnow needs to be updated to match what the student is using for their device.
Outside Allowed Monitoring Settings
Issue: The student is outside of the allowed days and times and/or IP address settings (according to settings set in the Blackout Settings tab in screenshot below).
Resolution: Make sure the IP ranges and days/times that teachers are allowed to monitor on match with the student's IP range and current date and time. You can see a student's IP address by clicking the icon to the left of the student's name in the screenshot above.
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
- Make sure the student has their computer open with an internet connection.
- Restart the student's device.
- Read on for more about troubleshooting tips.
- Send a log report from the problem device.
- Contact DyKnow Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.