Dyknow's monitoring feature enables Dyknow Teachers (and Co-Teachers) to monitor the devices of students assigned to their Dyknow Class rosters. Dyknow monitors students by Classes, which are composed of student rosters. Each student device can be monitored by one Class at a time.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Teachers to understand how to:
Follow the steps below to begin a Dyknow monitoring session for an assigned Class.
1. Login to Dyknow.
2. Locate the tile of the Class you wish to monitor on your My Classes dashboard.
3. Click the Start Monitoring button; your monitoring session will begin automatically and student device thumbnails will start loading into a grid view.
Note: When a Co-Teacher is assigned to a Class, both the Co-Teacher and the primary Teacher can monitor that same Class at the same time. But the Start Monitoring button will only appear for the (Co-)Teacher who gets to it first; the second (Co-)Teacher will see and click the Continue button (instead of the Start Monitoring button) to join the active monitoring session.
Similarly, Dyknow Teachers that leave a monitoring session without ending it will see a Continue button on the Class tile in their My Classes dashboard (instead of the Start Monitoring button).
2. Monitor student device activity via:
- Grid View (all student device thumbnails);
- Big View (selected student device thumbnail); or,
- The real-time Activity Tracker.
Follow the steps below to end an active Dyknow monitoring session.
1. Click the End Monitoring button (in the upper right-hand corner, when in grid view).
NOTE: To start monitoring a new Class you must first stop monitoring the current Class. Simply closing your internet browser tab does not end the current session. Dyknow Teachers that leave a monitoring session without ending it will see a Continue button on the Class tile in their My Classes dashboard (instead of the Start Monitoring button).
As a backup, your Dyknow Admin can remotely end any monitoring session via the Classes tab in the Admin Settings.
2. Continue to review the Class Analytics data for this monitoring session.