Segmented Blocking Plans enable Dyknow Teachers to block individual students and/or release individual students from a blocking plan.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Teachers to understand how to:
CREATE A SEGMENTED BLOCKING PLAN
Follow the steps below to create a Segmented Blocking Plan in Dyknow.
1. Click the Modify Blocking button from your current monitoring session.
2. Click the Turn On Segmented Blocking button from the Blocking modal.
3. Select an existing plan from the Plan drop-down menu, or create a new one, for Group 1.
4. Select which students are in Group 1 from the Select Students section.
Note: If segmented blocking is turned on, each student must be accounted for in one of the two plans.
5. Click the Group 2 tab.
6. Select an existing plan from the Plan drop-down menu, or create a new one, for Group 2.
Note: If you want some of your students to be "free" from blocking, meaning all applications and websites are allowed on their device, create an "Allowing All" plan for those students. Your second plan will then be a blocking plan for the remaining students you choose.
7. Select which students are in Group 2 from the Select Students section.
Note: To move students from one plan to another, there's a shortcut on the student's screen Big View that says Switch Blocking Plan.