Dyknow's Send a Message feature enables Teachers to:
- Send a message to;
- Lock; and,
- Push out a URL to one or more student devices during a monitoring session.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Teachers to understand how to:
SEND A MESSAGE TO STUDENT DEVICES
Follow the steps below to send a message to one or more student devices during an active monitoring session.
1. During a monitoring session, click the bell icon (to the right side of your screen); the Attention modal will appear.
2. Click Send a Message.
Note: You can also use the Send a Message feature while you are viewing any student's thumbnail in Big View.
3. Use the Text field to determine the message you want to send; options include:
- One of the available preset messages; or,
- Custom Message to write your own (140 characters max).
4. If you're sending a Custom Message, enter your desired message into the test field; otherwise, proceed to Step 5.
Note: Include a URL in your Custom Message to automatically launch that website on each student's device.
5. Use the Device Lock field to determine whether or not you want to send a locked message:
- Click Yes to lock the student devices that receive this message;
- Click No to leave student devices unlocked when sending your message.
Note: If locked, student devices will remain locked until you reach the selected Timed Release or until you manually unlock them by removing the message. Screens, keyboards and trackpads will not work while locked.
6. Click to select the names of the students you want to receive this message; or click Select All Students to send this message to all students in your current monitoring session.
7. Click Send.
UNLOCK STUDENT DEVICES
Follow the steps below to unlock one or more locked student devices during a monitoring session.
Unlock All Student Devices
1. In grid view, click the remove device lock for this group hyperlink.
Unlock One Student Device
1. Bring the desired student device thumbnail into Big View.
2. Click the Unlock Device button.