Dyknow's Send a Message feature enables Teachers to send a message to student devices and lock student devices during a monitoring session.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Teachers to understand how to:
SEND A MESSAGE TO STUDENT DEVICES
Click play to watch the brief training video below:
Follow the steps below to send a message to student devices during a monitoring session:
1. Start monitoring any Class.
2. Locate the Attention section to the right side of your screen and click the bell icon.
3. Click the blue Send a Message button.
4. Select the Attention! message from the Text drop-down menu, or select Custom Message to write your own message.
Note: Including a URL in your message will automatically launch on each student's device.
5. If you want to lock the student devices receiving this Message, click Yes in the Device Lock section. Click No to leave student devices unlocked when sending your message.
Note: If locked, student devices will remain locked until you manually unlock them by removing the message. Screens, keyboards and trackpads will not work while locked.
6. Click the Send button.
You can also Send a Message and unlock a student device while you are viewing any student's thumbnail in Big View.
UNLOCK STUDENT DEVICES
Follow the steps below to unlock a student device during a monitoring session:
1. Bring the student device thumbnail into Big View.
2. Click the Unlock Device button.