Dyknow's Send a Message feature enables Teachers to send a message to student devices and lock student devices during a monitoring session.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Teachers to understand how to:
SEND A MESSAGE TO STUDENT DEVICES
Follow the steps below to send a message to student devices during an active monitoring session (or click here to watch a brief training video).
1. Start monitoring an assigned Class.
2. Locate the Attention section to the right side of your screen.
3. Click the bell icon.
4. Click Send a Message.
5. Select the Attention! message from the Text drop-down menu, or select Custom Message to write your own message (140 characters max).
Note: Including a URL in your message will automatically launch on each student's device.
6. If you want to lock the student devices receiving this Message, click Yes in the Device Lock section. Click No to leave student devices unlocked when sending your message.
Note: If locked, student devices will remain locked until you reach the selected Timed Release or until you manually unlock them by removing the message. Screens, keyboards and trackpads will not work while locked.
7. Click Send.
You can also Send a Message and unlock a student device while you are viewing any student's thumbnail in Big View.
UNLOCK STUDENT DEVICES
Follow the steps below to unlock a student device during a monitoring session:
1. Bring the student device thumbnail into Big View.
2. Click the Unlock Device button.