Dyknow's Blocking Plan feature enables Dyknow Administrators to create School-Wide Blocking Plans that are automatically available to all Dyknow Teachers within their school district.
This document is a resource for:
- Dyknow Administrators to understand how to create a School-Wide Blocking Plan
- Dyknow Teachers to understand how to enforce a School-Wide Blocking Plan
CREATE A SCHOOL-WIDE BLOCKING PLAN
Follow the steps below to create a School-Wide Blocking Plan as a Dyknow Administrator.
1. Login to Dyknow as an Administrator.
2. Click Classroom Management > Blocking Plans from the main tool bar; the Blocking Plan page will appear.
3. Click Create New Plan.
4. Enter a name for this Blocking Plan in the Plan field.
5. Click to select Make this plan available school-wide.
6. Select either Allow Only or Block Only in the Type field.
7. Add the desired Website(s) to block/allow in the Websites field.
Note: Dyknow Blocking Plans can include any website URL (domain, subdomain, or full URL) and almost any combination of URLs. Click here for more information on Blocking Websites in our Blocking Plans Overview article.
8. Add the desired Application(s) to block/allow in the Applications field.
Note: Dyknow Blocking Plans can include any computer application, or software program - and any combination of applications. Click here for more information on Blocking Applications in our Blocking Plans Overview article.
9. Click the Save button.
Note: This School-Wide Blocking Plan will now be available for use by any Teacher within your school (district) during an active monitoring session as a Suggested Blocking Plan.
ENFORCE A SCHOOL-WIDE BLOCKING PLAN
Follow the steps below to enforce a School-Wide Blocking Plan created by your Dyknow Administrator.
1. Login to Dyknow.
2. Click Start Monitoring for the relevant class to start a monitoring session.
3. Click the Modify Blocking button.
4. Click to select the desired Suggested Blocking Plan from the Plan list.
Note: Dyknow Teachers can edit a School-Wide Blocking Plan; click here for more information on making temporary or permanent edits to a School-Wide Blocking Plan.
5. Click the Enforce button.