Dyknow Administrators can build Blocking Plans that are automatically available to all Dyknow Teachers within their school district.
This document is a resource for
- Dyknow Administrators to understand how to create a School-Wide Blocking Plan
- Dyknow Teachers to understand how to enforce a School-Wide Blocking Plan
CREATE A SCHOOL-WIDE BLOCKING PLAN
Follow the steps below to create a School-Wide Blocking Plan as a Dyknow Administrator.
1. Login to Dyknow as an Administrator.
2. Click Blocking Plans from the main tool bar; the Create Blocking Plan modal will appear.
3. Enter a name for this Blocking Plan in the Plan field.
4. Click to select Make this plan available school-wide.
5. Select either Allow Only or Block Only in the Type field.
6. Add the desired Website(s) to block/allow in the Enter a Website field.
Note: Dyknow Blocking Plans reach the domain (domain.com) and subdomain (subdomain.domain.com) levels.
7. Add the desired Application(s) to block/allow in the Enter an Application field.
8. Click the Save button.
Note: This School-Wide Blocking Plan will now be available for use by any Teacher within your district during an active monitoring session as a Suggested Blocking Plan.
ENFORCE A SCHOOL-WIDE BLOCKING PLAN
Follow the steps below to enforce a School-Wide Blocking Plan created by your Dyknow Admin.
1. Login to Dyknow.
2. Click to start a monitoring session.
3. Click the Modify Blocking button.
4. Click to select the desired Suggested Blocking Plan from the Plan list.
Note: Dyknow Teachers can only edit an enforced School-Wide Blocking Plan for a given monitoring session; edits made to an enforced School-Wide Blocking Plan by a Dyknow Teacher will not be saved.
5. Click the Enforce button.