FTP software enables DyKnow Administrators to manually transfer exported SIS data for import into the DyKnow Cloud throughout the year. FTP – or File Transfer Protocol – is simply a tool for moving files online, to and from servers.
This document is a resource for DyKnow Administrators to understand:
HOW TO INSTALL FTP SOFTWARE
If your SIS does not have a built-in FTP solution, DyKnow recommends that schools use FTP client FileZilla – it’s free! – for connecting and placing files to DyKnow’s FTP folder.
Follow the steps below to learn how to install FileZilla:
2. From the list of available downloads, locate the FileZilla file appropriate for your operating system and click the link adjacent to the red arrow icon to begin downloading. Your install file will begin downloading immediately.
3. From your browser window, click the downloaded file to open it. A pop-up window featuring the FileZilla License Agreement will appear.
4. Click the I Agree button.
5. Follow the remaining on-screen instructions to complete the FileZilla installation.
Note: If you need assistance installing FileZilla, please email the DyKnow Support Team at email@example.com for assistance.
HOW TO SETUP DYKNOW FTP FOLDER CONNECTION
Follow the steps below to connect to the DyKnow FTP folder using downloaded FTP client FileZilla.
1. Open FileZilla. Double click the FileZilla icon on your computer desktop or within your File Explorer.
2. From the FileZilla main navigation menu, click File. A dropdown menu will appear.
3. From the File dropdown menu, click Site Manager. The Site Manager pop-up window will appear.
4. Click the New Site button.
5. An untitled New site will appear under your My Sites folder in the Select Entry: section.
6. In the highlighted New site text box, enter DyKnow as the new site name.
7. Save your new DyKnow site name. Either hit the enter key or click outside the text box.
8. In the Host: field, enter the site sftp://dito.dyknow.com.
9. Select Normal from the Logon Type picklist.
10. In the User: field, enter your unique Username for the DyKnow FTP folder. Your Username was provided via email by DyKnow after your implementation call. It will be your school name, consistent with your DyKnow account’s vanity URL.
11. In the Password: field, enter your unique Password for the DyKnow FTP folder. Your Password was provided via email by DyKnow after your implementation call.
12. Click the Connect button.
13. In the Status window, verify a successful connection. (There may be several Status: ) A successful connection will appear as Status: Directory listing of “/” successful.
Next step? Prepare DyKnow SIS Data Import Files