FTP software enables Dyknow Administrators to manually upload their Dyknow import files to the Dyknow FTP folder for import into Dyknow throughout the year. FTP – or File Transfer Protocol – is simply a tool for moving files online, to and from servers.
Dyknow Administrators connect to Dyknow’s FTP server via an FTP client (like FileZilla). Once the connection is established, data files within your Dyknow FTP folder will automatically be validated, processed and imported by Dyknow.
This document is a resource for Dyknow Administrators to understand how to:
UPLOAD DYKNOW IMPORT FILES TO FTP FOLDER
Follow the steps below to upload Dyknow import files into the Dyknow FTP folder using FTP client FileZilla.
1. Open FileZilla.
2. Click File from the FileZilla main navigation menu.
3. Click Site Manager.
4. Within the Site Manager picklist, click Dyknow to open your Dyknow site.
Note: The main FileZilla window will populate with your Dyknow site details.
5. Find the Local site column and use the local pane directory to bring into view the Dyknow import files that need to be uploaded.
6. Locate the Remote site column and use the remote pane directory to identify the desired target folder – /upload – on the Dyknow FTP server.
7. Select your respective Dyknow import files and drag them from the local pane to the remote pane’s /upload folder. Or simply right click on the files to be uploaded from the local pane directory and then click Upload.
Note: You’ll notice the files will appear in the remote pane. They’ll also be added to the list of Queued Files, at the bottom of the FileZilla window. Depending on the transfer results, these files in queue will move to either the Failed Transfers list or the Successful Transfers list shortly thereafter.
8. Verify a successful transfer in the Status section at the top of the FileZilla window; a successful upload will display your uploaded file names as “successful.”
9. Continue to Process Dyknow Import Files with Import Manager.