The Dyknow Import Manager feature enables Dyknow Administrators to manually upload Dyknow SIS Data Import Files to the Dyknow FTP folder and process in Dyknow throughout the year.
This document is a resource for DyKnow Administrators to understand how to:
- Select DyKnow SIS Data Import Files to Process in DyKnow
- Process DyKnow SIS Data Import Files with Import Manager
Prerequisite: Upload Dyknow SIS Data Import Files to FTP Folder
SELECT DYKNOW SIS DATA IMPORT FILES TO PROCESS IN DYKNOW
Follow the steps below to select the Dyknow SIS Data Import Files to process in DyKnow.
1. Click the gear icon in Dyknow to access the Admin Settings.
2. In the Admin Settings, click the Import Manager tab.
3. Locate the Setup Files: Choose Files: Based on your DyKnow SIS Data Import Group, DyKnow will automatically select the correct files for you from the DyKnow FTP folder. All three column headers will highlight green and a white checkmark will appear next to each to confirm that the DyKnow SIS Data Import Files you imported match the DyKnow SIS Data Import File Requirements.
Note: If one or more of your DyKnow SIS Data Import Files does not match the DyKnow SIS Data Import File Requirements, the file(s) that need(s) adjusting to match the Import Requirements will be highlighted in red. To correct the data in your DyKnow SIS Data Import File(s), read through and repeat the steps in the Prepare DyKnow SIS Data Import Files article.
4. Click the Continue: Process Import button.
PROCESS DYKNOW SIS DATA IMPORT FILES WITH IMPORT MANAGER
Follow the steps below to process your DyKnow SIS Data Import Files in DyKnow Import Manager.
1. Click the gear icon in the DyKnow Web App.
2. On the Import Manager tab, click the Import tab.
3. Click the Process Import button.
4. Select the Academic Year you are importing data for by clicking the corresponding button.
5. A Pending message will appear.
Note: Your DyKnow SIS Data Import Files will process within 24 hours, during off-peak hours.
6. Once your import is complete, you will receive an Import Results confirmation email like the one below.
Note: If your data files include changes that exceed Import Thresholds, you will receive a notification email in addition to the Import Results confirmation email. To review and validate your data file import errors, read the Validate Paused SIS Imports article.
Next step? Validate Paused SIS Imports