The Dyknow Health Check feature was designed to enable teachers to resolve common issues that prevent students from being monitored on Mac devices.
If a student thumbnail is not visible during a monitoring session, teachers can use the Health Check to quickly identify the reason why and resolve the issue using very limited class time!
This document is a resource for Dyknow Teachers to understand how to:
USE DYKNOW HEALTH CHECK
Follow the steps below to run a Health Check for a student's Mac device during a monitoring session.
1. In a monitoring session, click Show Students Not Monitored.
2. Select the checkbox(es) next to student(s) you want to troubleshoot.
Note: If the name of the student you're looking for is not listed, click Can't find student? and proceed to the Report Missing Students section below.
3. Click Report Selected to generate a Health Check Code.
Note: No matter how many students you select, clicking the Report Selected button will generate a four-digit Health Check Code for all selected students.
4. Take note of the Health Check Code you generated to enter onto the affected student(s) device.
5. On student device, click the Dyknow icon in the system tray.
6. Click Something not working?
7. Enter the Health Check Code you generated.
8. Press enter on your keyboard, or click Okay on the screen; the Health Check message will display, identifying the issue Dyknow found and resolution instructions.
9. Proceed to Resolve Issues Identified by Dyknow Health Check.
REPORT MISSING STUDENTS
Follow the steps below to report students missing from your class roster when running a Health Check during a monitoring session.
1. If the name of the student you're looking for is not listed, click the Can't find student? hyperlink; you will be redirected to the Edit Roster page.
2. Locate the Manage Students section.
3. Enter the name of the student you'd like to add to this class roster in the Search Students field.
4. If the desired student name appears, select it to add that student to your class roster.
Note: The Notify school admin of these changes checkbox is selected by default, so your Dyknow Administrator will be notified (via email) of your class roster edit.
5. If the desired student name does not appear, click the Can't find student? hyperlink; the Report Missing Students section will appear.
6. Fill in the Report Missing Students fields with the information for the student in question.
7. Click Notify Admin; an email will be sent to your Dyknow Administrator immediately.
RESOLVE ISSUES IDENTIFIED BY DYKNOW HEALTH CHECK
Follow the steps below to resolve issues identified by Dyknow Health Check during a monitoring session.
No Internet Connection
If a student device is not connected to the internet at all, clicking the Dyknow icon on their device will reveal the message Please connect to the Internet.
Teachers can quickly resolve internet connectivity issues on student Windows devices via Mac's Network Preferences.
Connected to a Restricted Network
Some schools have IP Restrictions in Dyknow to ensure that students can only be monitored within their school network. If your school has IP Restrictions in place, and a student’s device is connected to a network outside of the allowed IP Address range, you’ll see the Connected to Restricted Network message.
Teachers can quickly resolve internet connectivity issues on student Windows devices via Mac's Network Preferences. Alternatively, teachers can use the Notify Admin button to request assistance from their Dyknow Administrator.
Logged in as Someone Else
User Does Not Exist in Dyknow
Please contact your Dyknow Administrator for assistance.