Dyknow’s new Device Impact Measurement module enables Administrators and Tech Coaches to identify wasted funds by measuring how school-issued devices and technology tools are actually used.
The Device Impact Measurement module automatically collects student device usage data during school hours, as determined by your Blackout Settings, even when teachers are not monitoring! It organizes device, app, and website activity into a single dashboard and delivers essential metrics at a glance.
Administrators and Tech Coaches can use Device Impact Measurement to:
- Review student/device monitoring totals
- Identify popular device activity
- Spot trending websites and app
- View hourly student screen time
DEVICE IMPACT MEASUREMENT
To access the new product offering:
1. Login to your Dyknow account. Administrators and Tech Coaches will be automatically directed to the Device Impact Measurement dashboard.
2. Note the changes to the header menu options.
- Classroom Management enables you to navigate to all the existing Dyknow features with which you’re already familiar:
- Blocking Plans
- Question Bank
- Class History
- Student History
- Device Impact Measurement redirects you to Dyknow’s new product offering.
3. Click Device Impact Measurement.
4. Review each section individually, using the guide below.
- School: The list of individual school(s) on which you can report
- If you’re an Administrator, you have the ability to select the name of an individual school to see the Device Impact Measurement for just that school; All Schools (the entire district) is the default selection
- If you’re a Tech Coach, you must be assigned to a school in order to view its Device Impact Measurement; Tech Coaches assigned to multiple schools will see the first school listed by default
- Report: Week-over-week reporting timeframe; “Week” is the default selection
- Activity: The list of website URL and application names for which you can review usage data; “All Activities” is the default selection
- To create an Activity Report for a specific website or application, click the Activity menu and select the desired website URL or application name
- To create an Activity Report for all websites and applications, click the Activity menu and select All Activities
WEEK / PRIOR WEEK
- Devices Monitored: Total number of student devices monitored that week
- Students Monitored: Total number of students monitored that week; differs from “Devices Monitored” if/when students login to more than one device
- Average Daily Screen Time: Average amount of time per week (in hours) students were actively using their devices
- Students Not Monitored: Total number of students that were not monitored that week
- Note: If a student was not monitored, it does not necessarily mean their Teacher(s) did not attempt to monitor them; rather, it means that the student device did not connect to any monitoring session(s).
- Websites Visited: Total number of unique URLs accessed by student devices that week
- Applications Used: Total number of unique applications accessed by student devices that week
- Note: The Application Used section will be hidden for schools/districts that only support Chromebook devices as the Chromebook OS currently prevents monitoring activity outside the Chrome browser.
WEBSITE USAGE BY WEEK
- Top 100 Websites: List of the 100 most popular websites students visited that week; sortable in ascending/descending order by Students, Views, Viewing Time, Average Viewing Time, and Trending
- Students: Total number of students that accessed a website
- Views: Total number of times students accessed a website during the week
- For example:
- If a student navigates to youtube.com and watches videos for 4 hours, only one (1) view is counted for youtube.com
- If a student navigates to youtube.com, then to google.com, and finally back to youtube.com, two (2) views are counted for youtube.com
- For example:
- Viewing Time: Total amount of time students actively spent viewing a website that week
- Average Viewing Time: Average amount of time students actively spent viewing a website that week
- Trending: A percentage increase or decrease in student device usage of a website, compared to the previous week
APPLICATION USAGE BY WEEK
Note: The Application Usage By Week section will be hidden for schools/districts that only support Chromebook devices as the Chromebook OS currently prevents monitoring activity outside the Chrome browser.
- Top 100 Applications: List of the 100 most popular applications students used that week; sortable in ascending/descending order by Students, Views, Viewing Time, Average Viewing Time, and Trending
- Students: Total number of students that accessed an application
- Views: Total number of times students accessed an application during the week
- Viewing Time: Total amount of time students spent actively using an application that week
- Average Viewing Time: Average amount of time students spent actively viewing a website that week
- Trending: A percentage increase or decrease in student device usage of an application, compared to the previous week
TOTAL STUDENTS MONITORED BY DAY
- The total number of students monitored each day of that week
AVERAGE STUDENT DEVICE USAGE BY HOUR
- The average number of students using their devices each hour of the day that week
Use the Print button to print out the Device Impact report or to save it as a PDF.
FEEDBACK WE’RE SEEKING
Thanks for reviewing Dyknow’s Device Impact Measurement!